While accepting her Oscar for best actress, Cate Blanchett proudly stated that, “those of us in the industry who are still foolishly clinging to the idea that female films with women at the center are […]
• Facebook Inc. announced last week that it will pay $19 billion for a startup messaging company, WhatsApp. The deal will be the largest acquisition of a startup company in history, according to the Wall […]
An unusual site took place on Friday, Feb. 21, at Packer Hall — a classroom full of students dressed for practice were instead sitting, looking attentively at a Power Point presentation in the front of […]
• A few protestors went to the extreme of smashing their iPhones when Apple removed the app, Blockchain, from the App Store. The app is the most popular digital currency wallet for users hoping to […]
Over winter break, I drove a couple of miles down the road to my local library. It’s a beautiful brick building, complete with a fireplace, comfy chairs and most importantly, a huge selection of books. […]
During the start of the spring semester at the College, students are not only getting used to a new set of classes, but also submitting last-minute internship applications and preparing for interviews. Seniors are getting […]
• The results of the Obama administration’s analysis of the Keystone XL pipeline revealed that the pipeline will have little impact on global climate change. The study showed that the pipeline would not increase the […]
Fast-food jobs — in the tough economy — are increasingly being filled by older workers instead of teenagers. Today, the average fast-food worker is 29 years old and more than 26 percent are parents raising children, according to the New York Times. […]
• China’s thirst for dairy is increasing dramatically and so are imports of milk and dairy-based products such as cheese and yogurt. Consumption of dairy products in China is expected to rise 20 percent over the next four years, according to the Financial Times.
• Sales of DSLR cameras, the large cameras with interchangeable lenses used by photographers, are rapidly declining, raising concerns for companies such as Canon Inc. and Nikon Corp. The change is due to the widespread use of smartphone cameras, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Stiletto Networks are small groups of professional women who support each other in both their careers and personal lives, and these groups are continuously growing in popularity. Pamela Rychman coined the term “Stiletto Network” and broke down its story and success as the keynote speaker at the School of Business’s Women’s Leadership Summit on Tuesday, Nov. 5.