By Elizabeth Casalnova
This recipe is almost too simple, but it’s a healthier alternative to a very popular snack — potato chips. Like most of my recipes, these chips are versatile. From cayenne and paprika to garlic and herb, you can add whatever seasoning you want. This is just the basic version, so feel free to customize it however you’d like. Plus, since they’re baked in the oven instead of deep fried, they will have much lower fat levels.
-2 large potatoes
-Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Thoroughly wash and peel the potatoes. Then, slice them evenly into thin pieces.
- Drizzle them in olive oil, making sure to coat both sides of the chip, and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the chips in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes or until they’re golden brown. Let them cool on a rack, and serve.