By Lexy Yulich
When the weather gets cold and it gets darker much earlier, cozy sweaters can do a lot to brighten up winter days. Here are the five essential sweaters that you are going to want to wear all season:
- Oversized white sweater. My friends always joke that my closet consists of nothing but cozy white sweaters! The reason I own so many is because they are incredibly versatile and pair well with almost any bottom.
- Color block. Color blocking is a popular trend that is making its way into many stores! I love these sweaters because they are an easy way to add color to any outfit. I usually gravitate toward neutral colors, which allows me to mix things up with the rest of my outfit.
- Cozy Cardigan. Cardigans are awesome because they keep you warm but can be paired with a T-shirt or tank top, which lets you keep wearing your favorite summer pieces even in the coldest weather. Cardigans can be dressed up or paired with leggings for a casual look.
- Turtleneck. Wearing a turtleneck is like wearing a sweater and a scarf at the same time. Not only are they practical because they keep your neck warm, but they are also sophisticated and stylish. Turtlenecks can be worn with a skirt, leggings, jeans or even trousers, depending on what type of look you are going for.
- Cable Knit. I love cable knit sweaters because they add dimension to any outfit, and they are usually warmer than a regular cotton sweater. I usually purchase my cable knit sweaters from the J. Crew Mercantile, which is similar to an outlet, or American Eagle, which has a wide array of colors.