By Lexy Yulich
The leaves are changing, the air is crisp and pumpkin spice-flavored treats have hit the shelves. Since the forecast predicts that fall weather is finally here to stay, here are the top 10 fall trends to help you style your autumn wardrobe.
- Animal print. This trend has been popular on both the runway and the streets. Pair your favorite animal print item with neutral pieces for a bold look — I love to wear a fun pair of leopard print booties with an all black outfit.
- Chunky Cardigans. Cardigans are a simple way to transition your favorite summer T-shirts or tank tops into the fall season.
- Turtlenecks and denim skirts. A cozy turtleneck with a dark denim or black skirt is a polished look that will also keep you warm. If the temperatures continue to drop, throw on a pair of tights under the skirt.
- Over-the-knee boots. Boots are not only practical because they keep your legs warm, but they are also so cute! You can style them with any outfit.
- Leather jackets. I am a huge leather jacket fan and I love to pair mine with a leopard print bag to incorporate multiple fall trends into my outfit.
- Yellow sweaters. Yellow became widely popular over the summer, and luckily the trend is continuing into the fall. Pair a yellow sweater with black jeans and brown booties for an easy, comfortable outfit.
- Alternative denim. Ripped, high waist, alternative hem and fringe jeans are some examples of trendy, alternative denim. Alternative denim can be pricey, but if you head into stores like Forever 21, you are likely to find an affordable pair.
- Front-tie thermal sweaters. Stores like Anthropologie frequently showcase front-tie sweaters, which have also become a popular trend at the College.
- Fuzzy jackets. There’s nothing better than throwing on a fuzzy sweater or jacket when it starts to get chilly. If you don’t want to break the bank on a jacket, check Amazon! It has a great selection and affordable prices.
- Color block sweaters. I love wearing a color block sweater if I can’t decide what to wear, because I get to mix stripes with various colors. During the fall season, I tend to purchase color block sweaters in maroon, brown, yellow, orange and purple.