By Lexy Yulich
Now that I have been back at school for a week, I’ve made it my mission to observe various fashion trends on campus. Each campus has its own culture, and I have to say, students at the College are up on their fashion. Here are the top five trends I’ve spotted on campus thus far.
- Birkenstocks. It seems like everywhere I look, students are sporting one of the most popular shoe trends of the summer. Birkenstocks, or any similar shoe brand, are simple sandals that are both comfortable and pairable with almost any outfit.
- Dresses with fun prints. Typically worn with Birkenstocks, patterned dresses are a common campus trend. Floral, dalmatian and striped dresses are taking the campus by storm this semester.
- Athleisure. Athleisure is my favorite, and also the most common, campus trend. Whether I am getting ready to go to the gym or preparing for a rainy day, athleisure is my go-to outfit choice. A popular athleisure outfit is an oversized T-shirt or sweatshirt, black leggings and sneakers, which is ideal for an early class or a long day at the library.
- Denim skirts. Denim skirts are the perfect bottom, because they can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. On the first day of the semester, there were multiple people in each of my classes who were wearing denim skirts. Skirts are so versatile and can be valuable transition pieces as we grow closer to fall.
- Jumpsuits. Casual jumpsuits have also grown popular. Jumpsuits, the cross between a dress and pants, are the perfect early fall essential. Similar to denim skirts, you can dress the jumpsuit up or down. They are great for class too, because they are typically made out of comfortable material. To me, wearing a jumpsuit to class is the equivalent of wearing pajamas to class, only it’s a trendy and sophisticated look that makes it appear as though you put lots of effort into your outfit.