By Julia Dzurillay
You may have seen the crazy, extravagant milkshakes on Instagram, spilling out from dessert places like Black Tap in New York City. What if I told you that you could make those milkshakes in your very own dorm room, house or apartment? All you need is milk, a blender and some creativity for your own Insta-worthy drinks.
The TCNJ Culinary Club has a delicious recipe for your favorite milkshakes. If Oreos aren’t your cup of tea, we invite you to throw your favorite sweets together to create a milkshake or smoothie that is tasty for you.
3 heaping scoops of vanilla ice cream
¾ cup of milk (preferably whole milk)
12 Oreo cookies
2 chocolate chip cookies
3 tablespoons of vanilla icing
1. In a blender, combine three scoops of vanilla ice cream, ¾ cup of milk and six Oreos. Blend until consistency is even.
2. Using a knife, cover the outer rim of two glasses with vanilla icing. Let it somewhat harden, about three minutes.
3. Put the remaining Oreos in a plastic bag. Using a spoon, smash them until the crumbs are about the size of a dime.
4. Roll the icing-covered rims of each glass in the smashed Oreos.
5. Pour the milkshake into a glass and top it with whipped cream.
6. Sprinkle remaining Oreo crumbs over the top of the whipped cream.
7. Add the chocolate chip cookie on top, and enjoy!