By Julia Dzurillay
Dump cake is the latest baking trend, and making it involves simple steps and minimal hassle. Simply dump all of the required ingredients into a pan, bake it in a slow cooker and serve. Grab your oven mitts and slow cooker and head to the nearest kitchen for a sweet and savory treat that will leave you begging for more.
Our dump cake is made with rich, gooey layers of chocolate that will melt in your mouth. If your sweet tooth is craving for something fruity, try baking an apple pie without the bottom crust. If you’d like to add a salty flavor to your chocolatey treat, drizzle the dump cake with peanut butter and Reese’s Pieces just before baking.
1 box of Devil’s food cake mix
1 box of chocolate pudding mix
¾ cup of Nutella
¼ cup of chocolate chips
1 ½ cups of milk
1 melted stick of butter
1. Line your slow cooker with parchment paper.
2. Pour dry cake mix and chocolate pudding mix into the slow cooker.
3. Pour melted butter and milk over the top of the dry ingredients.
4. Take a spoonful of Nutella and chocolate chips and place it over top of the dump cake mixture.
5. Take the back of a spoon and press down any dry mix that isn’t wet.
6. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your slow cooker, and enjoy!