• 2 slices of whole wheat bread
• 2 eggs
• ¼ cup of milk
• 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
• 2 teaspoons of sugar
• 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
• 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar
• 2 teaspoons of butter
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and my favorite. The other day I went with a classic French toast. Here is an easy, quick recipe for the breakfast favorite from scratch — enjoy!
1. First, in a medium-sized mixing bowl, add the eggs and milk and mix. Next, add the vanilla, sugar and cinnamon. Mix well.
2. Once your mixture is ready, soak the slices of bread into the eggs. Allow for the bread to fully absorb the eggs. This will make the toast “fluffy.”
3. As the bread is soaking, take a small pan and spread the butter onto it so the toast will not stick. You can also opt for the healthier option of using non-stick cooking spray.
4. After the bread is soaked, take the slices and cook them in the pan. Make sure both sides reach a golden brown color and that liquid no longer runs from the bread.
5. Once the toast is cooked, take the powdered sugar and sprinkle it on top. You can also add syrup or fruit.