Cop Shop

A theft of a Silver Apple MacBook Pro in Cromwell Hall was reported on Sept. 23. A Campus Police officer was dispatched to Cromwell at 12:05 p.m. Prior to arrival, the officer checked the surrounding area for any signs of the laptop but the search yielded no results.

The victim said while he was in the shower, someone stole the laptop off his desk. The victim said he left his room unsecured for approximately 15 minutes. When he returned, the laptop was gone.

The victim said he searched all areas of his room and any other areas where he might have misplaced the laptop but found nothing.

The total value stolen was $2,000.

There is no further information at this time.


A theft of a Dell Inspiron 520 from Travers Hall was reported on Sept. 22 at 11 a.m. The victim said he fell asleep with his laptop near his bed at 3 a.m. on Sept. 22. When he woke up at 9:30 a.m. the laptop was missing.

The victim said the door to his room was unlocked and that none of his other belongings were missing. The victim said he did not see anyone suspicious in the vicinity of the crime.

The total value of the stolen laptop was $1,500.

There is no further information at this time.


A Campus Police officer was dispatched to the Wolfe Hall lobby on Sept. 23 at 3:55 a.m. on a report of criminal mischief. Upon arrival, the officer spoke with the senior staff member on duty who told the officer that between 3 a.m. and 3:55 a.m. someone removed all the light bulbs and light diffuser panels from elevators two and three.

The officer then proceeded to the elevators to examine the damage. The officer did a search of the area for suspects but found nothing. The senior staff member said he heard from a Community Advisor on duty that a possible suspect lived in Wolfe Hall and said he was responsible.

Two officers went to the suspect’s room at 4:05 a.m. The officers knocked on the door several times but no one answered. The officers noticed a message written on the dry erase board outside the room that said, “I hope you enjoy operation blackout.”

The officers took pictures of the message and elevators two and three were turned off for safety.

There is no further information at this time.