Cop Shop

On Sunday, Jan. 22, at 2 p.m., Campus Police was dispatched to the third floor of New Residence Hall on a report of criminal mischief.

Upon arrival, an officer met with a New Residence community advisor (CA) who said that some time between 11 p.m. on Jan. 20 and 4 a.m. on Jan 21, an unknown person wrote “Fuck Off” and “Balls in Your Face” on the wall in permanent marker.

Next to the words was a drawing of a large phallic symbol with a happy face on top.

The CA had already notified the office of Residential and Community Development through staff member Steven Bobo.

Campus Police notified Building Services via voicemail and requested timely cleanup.

On Friday, Jan. 27, at 4:30 p.m., Campus Police was dispatched to New Residence Hall on a similar report of criminal mischief.

An officer met with the same CA, who said that some time between 12:30 a.m. on Thursday Jan. 26 and 9 a.m. on Jan. 27, someone had drawn pictures of male genitalia on the wall between rooms 326 and 327.

The CA told officers she did not know who was responsible for the drawings, and informed them of the similar incident earlier in the week.

There are no suspects or witnesses at this time.


On Thursday, Jan 26, at 2:30 p.m., Campus Police received a complaint of harassment.

An officer spoke with a female student, who claimed she had been receiving harassing phone calls on her cell phone.

The student said that the phone calls began in June 2003. She told police that a female voice calls her at random times of the day and night and breathes heavily into the phone.

The victim said that she has changed her phone number and service provider several times, but has continued to receive the calls.

The victim told an officer that in September 2005 the caller began to speak and leave verbal messages like “So what are you doing?”

The victim said the caller had never threatened her or said anything foul or abusive. At times, the victim could hear other female voices in the background of the calls.

The last call the victim received was at 12:20 p.m. that day. The calls have only come to the victim’s cell phone, and she has contacted her service provider for support, to no avail.

The victim was advised to obtain a hard copy of the report and given a copy of her case number.

There is no further information at this time.